Tulsa Distracted Driving Accident Attorneys
Seek Compensation After a Distracted Driving Accident in Tulsa
Distracted driving is a serious issue, causing countless accidents and injuries every year. At Brewster & De Angelis, our Tulsa distracted driving accident attorneys are dedicated to helping victims seek justice and recover the compensation they deserve.
What is Distracted Driving?
In Oklahoma, distracted driving is defined as any activity that diverts attention from driving.
Distractions can be categorized into three main types:
Visual Distractions: Taking your eyes off the road, even for a moment, can lead to accidents. This includes activities like texting, looking at GPS devices, or reading.
Manual Distractions: Any activity that takes your hands off the steering wheel is a manual distraction. This may include eating, adjusting the radio, or reaching for items within the vehicle.
Cognitive Distractions: When a driver's mind is not focused on driving, it can lead to cognitive distractions. Daydreaming, talking on the phone, or engaging in deep conversations can fall into this category.
These actions can divert a driver's attention and lead to serious accidents.
Oklahoma's Distracted Driving Laws
Oklahoma law prohibits drivers from using a handheld electronic device to compose, send, or read electronic text messages while driving. Violation of this law can result in fines and points on your driver's license.
What Are Common Distracted Driving Injuries?
Distracted driving poses serious risks on the road, leading to a range of injuries that can significantly impact victims' lives. At Brewster & De Angelis in Tulsa, Oklahoma, our attorneys are well-versed in the aftermath of distracted driving accidents and are dedicated to helping victims pursue compensation for their injuries.
- Whiplash and Neck Injuries: The sudden impact from distracted driving accidents can cause rapid back-and-forth movement, resulting in whiplash and neck injuries. These injuries can lead to pain, stiffness, and long-term discomfort.
- Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBI): Head injuries are common in car accidents, and distracted driving incidents are no exception. Traumatic brain injuries, ranging from concussions to severe trauma, can have lasting effects on cognitive functions and overall well-being.
- Spinal Cord Injuries: Severe accidents may cause damage to the spinal cord, leading to paralysis or loss of motor function. These life-altering injuries often require extensive medical care and rehabilitation.
- Broken Bones and Fractures: The impact of a distracted driving collision can result in broken bones and fractures. Victims may suffer injuries to limbs, ribs, or other areas, requiring immediate medical attention and lengthy recovery periods.
- Soft Tissue Injuries: Soft tissues, including muscles, ligaments, and tendons, can be strained or torn during an accident. These injuries may not be immediately apparent but can cause ongoing pain and limitations in mobility.
- Psychological Trauma: Distracted driving accidents can leave victims with emotional and psychological trauma, such as anxiety, depression, or post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). Addressing these aspects of recovery is crucial for overall well-being.
- Internal Injuries: The force of a collision may cause internal injuries, including damage to organs such as the liver, spleen, or lungs. Internal injuries may not be evident immediately, emphasizing the importance of thorough medical examinations.
How a Distracted Driving Attorney Can Help
Our experienced attorneys can help you by:
- Investigating the accident thoroughly to gather all necessary evidence
- Proving the other driver was distracted at the time of the accident
- Negotiating with insurance companies on your behalf
- Representing you in court, if necessary
We understand the complexities of distracted driving cases and will fight to hold the negligent driver accountable.
Why Choose Brewster & De Angelis?
At Brewster & De Angelis, we have a proven track record of success in handling distracted driving cases. Our team is committed to seeking the maximum compensation for our clients, and we will not hesitate to take your case to trial if necessary.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a distracted driving accident, don't face it alone.
Available & Responsive
The attorneys at Brewster & De Angelis are always available to provide you with updates and answer questions regarding your case. At the end of the day, we work for you and pride ourselves on being available regardless of the situation.
Focused On Your Best Interests
When going through a legal matter, things can seem scary and uncontrollable. Our team works to refine the legal process in order to ensure you not only understand exactly what is going on, but also that your goals and interests are taken into account with every decision.
Collaborative Legal Strategies
Unlike other law firms, we handle a small number of cases so that our team can focus on getting you results. When it is time to get ready for trial, you can be assured that our full team of litigators has convened to get you the best possible outcome.
Dedicated & Trusted Counsel
At Brewster & De Angelis we have the top litigators in Tulsa, Oklahoma and we have been serving our community for over forty years, giving us the tools and knowledge to aggressively and effectively handle your case.