Tulsa Burn Injury Attorney
Fighting For Those Who Have Been Injured By Burns in Oklahoma
Burn injuries can be some of the most painful and devastating injuries a person can suffer. If you or a loved one has been burned due to someone else's negligence, you need a burn injury attorney on your side. At Brewster & De Angelis, we have the experience and knowledge necessary to help you recover the compensation you deserve.
We understand the physical, emotional, and financial toll that a burn injury can take on a person and their family. That's why we work tirelessly on behalf of our clients to ensure that they receive the compensation they need to cover medical expenses, lost wages, and other damages.
Common Causes of Burn Injuries
At Brewster & De Angelis, we recognize the devastating effect burn injuries can have on victims and their families. These injuries can arise from various situations, each with its own challenges. Some of the most common causes may include:
- Workplace Accidents: Workplace environments often expose individuals to potential burn hazards. These accidents can result from industrial fires, chemical spills, or faulty equipment.
- Electrical Accidents: Electrical burns can occur because of faulty wiring, exposed power lines, or defective electrical appliances.
- Motor Vehicle Accidents: Car crashes and other vehicular accidents may result in fires and explosions, causing burn injuries.
- Defective Products: Defective products, such as faulty electronics or malfunctioning household items, can pose a significant risk of burn injuries.
- Residential Fires: Residential fires can be driven by various factors, including electrical faults, gas leaks, or even arson.
What the Different Degrees Of Burn Injuries
Burn injuries can happen in various ways, but they all have one thing in common: the potential for lifelong physical and emotional trauma. Whether it's a workplace accident, a car crash, a defective product, or a property owner's negligence, the consequences can be severe. Burn injuries are classified into three main categories:
- First-degree burns: These are the least severe and affect only the outer layer of the skin. They typically heal relatively quickly with minimal scarring.
- Second-degree burns: These burns damage both the outer layer and the layer beneath it, causing blisters, pain, and a higher risk of infection.
- Third-degree burns: The most severe type of burn, these injuries damage all layers of the skin and often extend to underlying tissues, nerves, and even bones. These burns often require extensive medical treatment, including surgery and skin grafts.
What Damages Could Be Recovered in a Burn Injury Claim?
After a burn injury, victims often face substantial medical bills, pain, suffering, and rehabilitation. In many cases, the injury can result in long-term or permanent disability, which can impact your ability to work and enjoy life as you once did. When these injuries are due to someone else's negligence, it's essential to hold them accountable and seek compensation for your losses.
Potential damages may include:
- Medical Expenses: Hospital bills, surgical costs, and rehabilitation expenses.
- Lost Wages: Compensation for time off work during recovery. Future lost earning capacity if the injury affects your capability to work.
- Pain and Suffering: Physical and emotional distress resulting from the burn injury.
- Property Damage: Restitution for damage to personal property caused by the incident.
- Wrongful Death Damages: If a loved one has died because of burn injuries, surviving family members may pursue damages for funeral expenses, loss of companionship, and more.
- Punitive Damages: In cases of gross negligence or intentional misconduct, punitive damages may be awarded to penalize the responsible party.
A skilled Tulsa Burn Injury Lawyer can help you navigate the complex legal process and fight for the compensation you deserve. They will investigate the circumstances surrounding your injury, gather evidence, and build a strong case on your behalf. This includes identifying liable parties, such as negligent individuals, businesses, or manufacturers, and pursuing legal action against them.
What is the Statute of Limitations for a Burn Injury Claim in Oklahoma?
In Oklahoma, the time limit to file a lawsuit changes based on the circumstances of the case. In general, the statute of limitations for personal injury claims, including burn injuries, is two years from the date of the incident. If the burn injury is not immediately apparent, the two-year statute of limitations may begin from the date the injury was discovered.
It is essential to consult with our burn injury lawyer promptly after the incident to ensure compliance with the statute of limitations. Failure to file within the specified time frame could lead to your right to seek compensation forfeiture.
Contact Our Tulsa Burn Injury Lawyer Today
If you or a loved one has suffered a burn injury in Tulsa, it's crucial to take action promptly. Statutes of limitations apply to personal injury cases, and evidence can degrade over time.
We'll evaluate your case, explain your legal options, and work to help you secure the compensation you deserve. Your recovery and well-being are our top priorities, and we're here to fight for your rights every step of the way.
If you or a loved one has suffered a burn injury due to someone else's negligence, don't wait - contact Brewster & De Angelis to schedule a consultation with our Tulsa burn injury attorney. Call (918) 265-1214 today!
Available & Responsive
The attorneys at Brewster & De Angelis are always available to provide you with updates and answer questions regarding your case. At the end of the day, we work for you and pride ourselves on being available regardless of the situation.
Focused On Your Best Interests
When going through a legal matter, things can seem scary and uncontrollable. Our team works to refine the legal process in order to ensure you not only understand exactly what is going on, but also that your goals and interests are taken into account with every decision.
Collaborative Legal Strategies
Unlike other law firms, we handle a small number of cases so that our team can focus on getting you results. When it is time to get ready for trial, you can be assured that our full team of litigators has convened to get you the best possible outcome.
Dedicated & Trusted Counsel
At Brewster & De Angelis we have the top litigators in Tulsa, Oklahoma and we have been serving our community for over forty years, giving us the tools and knowledge to aggressively and effectively handle your case.